BIAFF 2019 Closing Ceremony & Winners
The Batumi International Art-House Film Festival (BIAFF) closing ceremony took place on 22 September at the Batumi State Musical Center. The International Jury awarded prizes in three-competition sections: International Feature Films, Doc Films and Short Films.
The BIAFF 2019 international competition section’s jury, consisting of Alexander Mindadze (Russia, Head of Jury), Tatiana Detlofson (USA), Martin Blaney (UK), Carmen Grey (UK), and Rusudan Glurjidze (Georgia), awarded the following prizes:
– Grand Prix: “Let There Be Light,” Marko Skop, Slovak Republic/Czech Republic, 2019
– Best Film Director: Reza Mirkarimi, “Castle of Dreams,” Iran, 2019
– Best Actress: Ece Yuksel, in film “Tale of Three Sisters,” Emin Alper, Turkey/Germany, 2019
– Best Actor: Kayhan Açikgöz in film “Tale of Three Sisters,” Emin Alper, Turkey/Germany, 2019
– Jury Special Prize : “End of Seasons,” Elmar Imanov, Germany/Azerbaijan/Georgia, 2019.
The BIAFF 2019 Documentary Films international competition section’s jury, consisting of Krzystof Gierat (Poland – Head of Jury), Ghasideh Golmakani (Iran), Karen Avetysian (Armenia), Oles Yanchuk (Ukraine), and Vakhtang Kuntsev-Gabashvili (Georgia), awarded the following films:
– The Best Doc film: “Shooting the Mafia, Kim Longinoto, Ireland, 2019
– Special Mentions: “Forman VS Forman.” Helena Trestikova/Jacub Hejna, Czech Republic/France, 2019, and “Lovemobile,” Elke Margarete Lehrenkrauss, Germany, 2019.
The BIAFF 2019 Short Film international competition section’s jury, consisting of Otar Shamatava (Georgia – Head of Jury), Paul Thiltges (Luxemburg) and David Lorenz (Germany), awarded the following prizes:
– The Best Short film: “Animal,” Amiran Dolidze, Georgia, 2019
– Jury Special Mentions : “Watermelon Juice,” Irene Moray, Spain, 2019 and “Hope,” Aleksandra Markova, Belarus, 2019.
The BIAFF 2019 Georgia Film Critics jury, consisting of Lela Ochiauri (Chairwoman), Salome Kikaleishvili, and Nino Mkheidze, revealed the choice for best film by film critics:
– Best film: “Castle of Dreams,” Reza Mirkarimi, Iran, 2019.
The BIAFF 2019 Life time Achievement awards for contribution to cinema was granted to:
– Paul Schrader (USA)
– Denis Lavant (France)
– Alexander Mindadze (Russia), and
– Manuchar Shervashidze (Georgia).
The BIAFF industry platform “Alternative Wave” awarded prizes for three projects:
– A Wroclaw Audio-Visual Center (CeTA) prize of 10,000 EUR equivalent in production services was awarded to film project “Orange Sky” (Georgia), Director, producer: Shalva Shengeli; Writers: Shalva Shengeli, Alexander Kurkhuli
– Istanbul Film Festival’s industry platform: participation in “Meeting on the Bridge” 2020 for film project – “You Look Like Your Father” (Georgia), Director: Levan Lomjaria, Producer: Vako Kirkitadze
– BIAFF prize: participation at BERLINALE film festival industry platform for film project – “The Load” (Georgia), Director, producer: Ana Iosava; Writers: Ana Iosava, Otar Katamadze.
The BIAFF was established in 2006 by Batumi Art-house ARGANI.
The festival focuses on art-house cinema. Besides film screenings, the festival program includes various workshops, master classes, and industry events.
Festival supporters are the Ministry of Culture of Georgia, Georgian National Film Center, Ministry of Cultura of Ajara AR, Tourism Department of Ajara AR, National Tourism Agency of Georgia, Batumi Drama Theatre, British Council, Goethe Institute Georgia, and the Embassy of Italy.
Festival sponsors are Hotel Wyndham Batumi, Cinema APOLLO, Hotel “Downtown Hotel”, Hotel “Mardi Plaza”, Hotel “Boulevard”, HQ propaganda, Tour Company “Wonderland”, Cafe “Gardens”, Batumi Auto transport, “Legal Consulting Center” LLC, and CETA studio (Poland).
Festival media partners are Georgian Public Broadcaster, Radio Fortuna/Fortuna+, Adjara TV, Batumi TV, Publicity Group, Film New Europe, INDIGO Magazine, Cinemania, Cineuropa.org, AT.GE, Newspaper BATUMELEBI, and netgazeti.ge.
Above was cited from this link.if you have any question,please contact them.http://georgiatoday.ge/news/17480/BIAFF-2019-Closing-Ceremony-%26-Winners