Welcome to Georgia! National Tourism Awards 2019
On December 6, the fifth annual ceremony of Welcome to Georgia! National Tourism Awards took place in Sheraton Grand Tbilisi Metechi Palace. Co-organized by Georgian National Tourism Administration of the Ministry of Economics and Sustainable Development of Georgia, it has successfully established itself as a unique platform to develop the country’s tourism sector. This year the ceremony awarded winners and finalists of 26 different nominations out of over 380 nominees, one of them being the ‘Spend Your Summer in Georgia’ campaign.
This year was more festive than ever for the National Tourism Awards, being its fifth anniversary. So additionally the organizers added new nominations to cover a broader spectrum of the Georgian tourism and hospitality sector, awarding participants for their hard work and dedication to the country’s touristic development. The new nominations were: “The Best Airline Company”, “The Best Traditional Craft”, “The Best Niche Tourism”, “The Best Rural Tourism”, “The Best Small Winery”, “The Best Responsible Tourism”.
Natia Turnava, the Minister of Economy and Sustainable Development, attended the Awards and addressed the guests, expressing her gladness for the ceremony’s 5 years of success and thanking the nominees for their dedication to showing Georgian hospitality to tourists. Turnava also touched on next year’s plans, announcing that in 2020, the Georgian National Tourism Administration will direct its marketing campaign mainly to international platforms like CNN, National Geographic, Bloomberg, Google, and others.
The National Tourism Awards hosted up to 700 guests. The attendees were owners and general managers of the best hotels, restaurants, wineries, market-leading developers, representatives from the main businesses of the country, government officials, national and local authorities, representatives of the largest hotel operators, travel agencies and tour operators, mass media and industry press and filmmakers.
Here’s the list of this year’s winners:
1. Special Award for the Development of the Tourism Industry – Spend Your Winter In Georgia
2. Concept Accommodation Award – Moxy Tbilisi; Glamping Georgia
3. Concept Café/Restaurant Award – Puri Guliani
4. The Best Traditional Georgian Restaurant Award – Ethno-Tsiskvili
5. The Best Wine Tourism Award – Winery Khareba; Chateau Mukhrani
6. The Best Sea Accommodation Award – Sheraton Batumi Hotel
7. The Best Value – Premium Accommodation Award –Tbilisi Marriott Hotel
8. The Best Value – Standard Accommodation Award – Courtyard by Marriott Tbilisi
9. The Fastest Growing Company Of The Year In The Same Segment Award – Best Western Tbilisi City Center
10. Icreate – The Most Successful Georgian Brand In The Tourism Industry Award – Georgia Palace Hotel & Spa Kobuleti
11. The Best Woman Entrepreneur In The Tourism Industry Award – Keti Mikashavidze
12. Responsible Tourism Award – Marriott Hotels in Tbilisi
13. The Best Festival Or Event Award – Tbilisi Open Air / AlterVision
14. The Best Rural Tourism Award – Wine Yard N1
15. The Best Ski Accommodation Award – Gudauri Loft
16. The Best Incoming Tour Operator Award – Holiday Factory
17. The Best Adventure Tourism Award – Mountain Freaks – Mountain Travel & Adventure Agency
18. The Best Value – Low Budget Accommodation Award – Hostel Pushkin 10
19. The Best Niche Tourism Award – Trails and Wines
20. The Best Traditional Craft Award – WHITE Studio
21. The Best Small Winery Award – ბაიას ღვინო /Baia’s Wine
22. H2Otel Water Saving Award – Hostel WhyMe?
23. The Best Airline Company – Lufthansa
24. Special Prize: Khetsuriani Trophy – Spend 4 Seasons in Georgia
25. The Best Hotel Of International Chain In Georgia Award – Radisson Collection Hotel, Tsinandali Estate Georgia
26. Special Award The Best Mice Tourism Award – Lopota Lake Resort & Spa
Welcome to Georgia! National Tourism Awards is an annual awards ceremony, taking place every year since 2015. The main mission of the Project is to appreciate and encourage those involved in the tourism and hospitality industry in Georgia and promote the high-achieving tourism business and brands that create a positive image of the country worldwide.
The project has big support from the government and private businesses. Tbilisi City Hall and the Partnership Fund are official supporters. Bank of Georgia is a co-organizer of the project while Alliance Group is a general sponsor.
By Nini Dakhundaridze
Image source: exclusivenews.ge
Above was cited from this link.if you have any question,please contact them.http://georgiatoday.ge/news/18548/Welcome-to-Georgia%21-National-Tourism-Awards-2019