Georgia’s Top 10 Products by Export & Import

Georgia’s National Statistics Office (Geostat) released a report, according to which, in January-November 2019, the external merchandise trade of Georgia amounted to $11 504.1 million, 1.4% higher year-on-year.

Imports stood at $8,122.6 million which is 2.3% lower compared to the data of the previous year.

The following products are represented by the highest share of total imports:

1. Petroleum and Petroleum Products – share in total imports: 8.4%

2. Cars: 7.1%

3. Copper ores and concentrates: 6.7%

4. Medicaments: 3.9%

5. Petroleum gases: 3.5%

6. Telephone sets, including phones intended for cellular networks or other wireless networks: 2.2%

7. Wheat and Meslin: 1.1%

8. Cigars and cigarettes from tobacco or its substitutes: 1.1%

9. New tires: 1.0%

10. Automatic data processing machines: 0.8%

Exports equaled $3 381.4 million, which is 11.7% higher compared to the data of the previous year.

The following products are represented by the highest share of total exports:

1. Copper ores and concentrates – 17.8% of total exports

2. Cars: 17.6%

3. Ferroalloys: 7.7%

4. Natural grape wines: 6.0%

5. Medicaments: 4.7%

6. Mineral and Fresh water: 3.7%

7. Alcoholic beverages: 3.4%

8. Fertilizers, nitrogen: 2.5%

9. Gold: 2.0%

10. Hazelnut and other nuts: 1.7%

In January-November 2019, Georgia imported products to 127 countries. The top ten trading partners by imports in the total imports of Georgia amounted to 65.8%. The top partners were:

1. Turkey 17.8%

2. Russia 10.7%

3. China 9.7%

4. Azerbaijan 6.0%

5. Germany 4.8%

6. Ukraine 4.5%

7. US 4.3%

8. Armenia 3.1%

9. Italy 2.5%

10. Romania 2.4%

In January-November 2019, a total of 123 countries carried out export from Georgia. The share of the top ten trading partners by exports in the total exports of Georgia amounted to 72.9%. The countries with the largest share in export are the following:

1. Russia 22.2%

2. Azerbaijan 13.2%

3. Armenia 10.5%

4. Bulgaria 7.6%

5. Ukraine 6,6%

6. China 5.8%

7. Turkey 5.5%

8. Romania 4.9%

9. The US 3.1%

10. Uzbekistan 2.4%

The report also reads that in January-November 2019 the exports from Georgia to the EU countries amounted to $752.3 million which is14.2% higher compared to January-November 2018, and it constituted 22.2%of total exports, while the imports amounted to $2 087.6 million (7.4% lower) with 25.7%in total imports. The external trade turnover of Georgia with the EU countries amounted to $2 839.9 million, showing a 2.5% decrease compared to the corresponding indicator of the previous year. The EU countries accounted for 28.2% of the trade deficit.

In January-November 2019 the exports to the CIS countries stood at $1 794.9 million (21.0% higher compared to January-November 2018) and reached 53.1%of total exports, while the imports equaled $2 173.3 million (11.3% lower) with 26.8% in total import. The trade turnover with the CIS countries totaled $3 968.2 million which is 0.9% increase. The CIS countries accounted for 8.0% of the overall trade deficit in the corresponding period.

By Tea Mariamidze

Image source: gtreview.com

Above was cited from this link.if you have any question,please contact them.http://georgiatoday.ge/news/18782/Georgia%27s-Top-10-Products-by-Export-%26-Import